Hello there, fellow racing enthusiasts! If you’ve found your way to this page, it’s likely that you’re gearing up for one of the most thrilling events in the horse racing calendar – the Cheltenham Festival.
You’re probably here because you’re looking for the best Cheltenham betting sites in the UK, and guess what? You’re in the right place! This guide is crafted to provide you with all the essential information you need to make your Cheltenham betting experience a winning one.
We understand that finding the best betting sites with the best odds and offers can be overwhelming, especially with the vast number of options available. That’s why we’ve created this guide: to provide comprehensive and user-friendly information about the best Cheltenham betting sites with the top free bets, odds, and more.
At Betbysport, we are dedicated to providing you with the most up-to-date and relevant information to enhance your betting experience. So, are you ready to turn your passion for horse racing into profit? Let’s get started!
About the Cheltenham Festival
The Cheltenham Festival is a pinnacle event in the horse racing world. This four-day festival, held at Cheltenham Racecourse in Gloucestershire, England, showcases the best horses, jockeys, and trainers globally. The festival is not only a spectator’s delight but also a bettor’s paradise, offering numerous betting opportunities.
Recap of the Cheltenham Festival 2023
The 2023 Cheltenham Festival was an exhilarating event full of surprises. Over four days, the festival showcased 28 thrilling races, each with its drama and excitement. The Champion Hurdle was won by Constitution Hill, while the Queen Mother Champion Chase saw a victory from Energumene.
The Stayers’ Hurdle was clinched by Sire Du Berlais and the prestigious Gold Cup was claimed by Galopin Des Champs, cementing their legacy in horse racing history. The 2023 festival was a memorable one, with plenty of moments that will be talked about for years to come.
What to Expect at Cheltenham Festival 2024
The excitement is already building for the 2024 Cheltenham Festival, slated for March 12 to 15 at the iconic Cheltenham Racecourse. This four-day extravaganza will feature 28 nail-biting races across Champion Day, Ladies Day, St Patrick’s Thursday, and the grand finale, Gold Cup Day.
One of the most eagerly awaited races will undoubtedly be the Champion Hurdle, with all eyes on Constitution Hill, the current betting favourite at around 4/5, to defend his crown.
As with every year, the festival promises a heady mix of top-class horses, jockeys, and trainers, all vying for a slice of glory and a place in the annals of horse racing history. And for those who fancy a flutter, there will be no shortage of betting opportunities to test your mettle and luck.
How We Rank Cheltenham Betting Sites
Having showcased a list of top bookies for Cheltenham betting, it’s crucial to explain the criteria we use to rank these bookmakers.
Our ranking process is thorough and considers several factors that are vital for users betting on this prestigious event. Here are the five most important factors that we assess:
- Markets, Betting Types, and Odds: We scrutinize the variety of markets available, the different betting types, and the odds offered by the bookmaker. This is crucial as it directly impacts the potential returns for a bettor. A good bookmaker will offer a wide variety of Cheltenham Festival markets, competitive odds, and different betting types to cater to all punters.
- Promotions and Bonuses: We assess the promotions and bonuses offered by the bookmakers, both general ones and those unique to the Cheltenham Festival. Generous promotions and unique sports betting bonuses can significantly enhance the betting experience and boost a bettor’s bankroll.
- Free Bets: Many bookmakers offer free bets as a part of their promotions, and we check the value and terms of these offers. Free bets can provide a risk-free way to wager, and thus, are extremely valuable for bettors.
- Mobile/App Compatibility: In today’s digital age, the ability to place bets on-the-go is crucial. We evaluate the mobile compatibility of the bookmaker’s website and the functionality of their betting apps. A seamless mobile betting experience is essential for bettors who wish to place bets anytime, anywhere.
- Payment Options: We check the variety of payment options available for deposits and withdrawals. It’s essential for a bookmaker to offer a range of secure and convenient payment methods to cater to all bettors.
- Legal, License, and Safety: We ensure that the bookmaker is legally operating, holds a valid license, and takes the necessary measures to ensure the safety and security of its users’ data and funds.
In addition to these key factors, we also consider other aspects such as customer support, user experience, industry reputation, the variety of competitions offered, the simplicity and security of the sign-up process, system compatibility, and fast withdrawals/payouts.
Key Features of A Top Cheltenham Betting Site
After understanding the criteria we use to recommend the top betting sites, it’s important to delve into the key features that a reputable bookmaker should offer, especially for horse racing enthusiasts. Below is a list of essential features that a decent bookmaker should provide:
- Good Odds on Domestic & International Races: A top bookmaker should offer competitive odds on both domestic and international horse races. This ensures that bettors get the best value for their bets, maximizing their potential returns.
- Variety of Markets: A wide variety of betting markets allows bettors to have more options and flexibility in their betting strategy. From win and each-way bets to forecast and tricast bets, a good bookmaker should offer a comprehensive range of markets.
- Coverage of Major Horse Racing Competitions: A decent bookmaker should provide coverage of major horse racing competitions, including the Cheltenham Festival, the Grand National, and the Royal Ascot, among others. This ensures that bettors have access to the most prestigious and exciting races all year round.
- Horse Racing Live Streaming: Being able to watch the races live adds an extra layer of excitement to the betting experience. A top bookmaker should offer live streaming of horse races, allowing bettors to watch the action unfold in real-time.
- In-Play Betting: In-play betting allows bettors to place bets after the race has started, reacting to events as they happen. A reputable bookmaker should offer a seamless in-play betting experience, with updated odds and markets available throughout the race.
- Virtual Horse Racing Options: Virtual horse racing provides an alternative to real horse racing, with virtual races running at regular intervals throughout the day. A good bookmaker should offer a variety of virtual horse racing options, providing entertainment and betting opportunities even when real races are not taking place.
These are just a few of the key features that a top Cheltenham betting site should offer. By providing a comprehensive range of features, a bookmaker can ensure a satisfying and enjoyable betting experience for all horse racing enthusiasts.
Best Cheltenham Betting Sites
Now that you know what features to look for in a top Cheltenham betting site, let’s take a closer look at some of the best operators in the market. These bookmakers not only meet the criteria outlined above but also offer some unique features that set them apart.
Betzone is a relatively new player in the online betting scene but has quickly gained popularity for its innovative approach to sports betting. The bookie holds a license from the UK Gambling Commission, ensuring a safe and secure betting environment.
Betzone offers extensive coverage of horse racing events, including the Cheltenham Festival. Bettors can find a wide range of markets and competitive odds for all the races.
10bet has been a reputable name in the online betting industry since its establishment in 2003. It is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and offers a wide range of sports and markets to bet on.
10bet offers a dedicated mobile app available for both iOS and Android devices, providing a seamless betting experience on the go.
Bwin is one of the most well-known names in the online betting industry, having been established in 1998. It is licensed by the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner and the UK Gambling Commission.
Bwin offers extensive coverage of horse racing events worldwide, along with live streaming of horse races, in-play betting, and a cash-out feature.
888sport is part of the 888 Holdings plc, one of the world’s most popular online gaming providers. Established in 2008, it is licensed by the UK Gambling Commission and the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner.
888sport offers excellent promotions for horse racing, along with competitive odds and a top-notch mobile app for both iOS and Android devices.
William Hill is one of the most well-known and trusted names in the betting industry, having been established in 1934. The bookie boasts a well-designed mobile app, ensuring a convenient betting experience on both iOS and Android devices.
Additionally, their large sportsbook coverage caters to a wide range of preferences. For those in the UK, the option of instant in-store withdrawal as cash vouchers is a convenient perk. To top it off, William Hill offers 24/7 live chat support, ensuring that customers have assistance readily available whenever needed.
Betfred is a UK-based bookmaker established in 1967. It holds licenses from the UK Gambling Commission and the Gibraltar Gambling Commissioner, making it a trustworthy option for bettors.
Betfred shines with its enticing promotions and special offers, making it a top choice for bettors seeking added value. The inclusion of live streaming, in-play betting, and a cash-out feature enhances the overall betting experience.
Notably, Betfred provides valuable insights and a verdict from the Racing Post, adding an informed dimension to your wagers. What sets Betfred apart is its fantastic Betfinder tool, which allows users to customize their search criteria, such as selecting Distance Winners or horses that were Winners Last Time Out.
Coral is one of the UK’s oldest and most respected bookmakers, established in 1926.
Owned by Entain and licensed by the UK Gambling Commission, Coral distinguishes itself in the world of horse racing with its comprehensive coverage and competitive odds, especially during prestigious events like the Cheltenham Festival.
Coral stands out by offering comprehensive live-betting coverage, enabling bettors to fully engage with the ongoing action and make well-informed decisions in real-time. Additionally, their exceptional live streaming platform enhances the experience, granting users a front-row perspective of the races, accessible on both iOS and Android devices.
Established in 1982, Boylesports stands as Ireland’s largest independent bookmaker, boasting an impressive track record in the industry. What sets Boylesports apart is not just its extensive horse racing coverage, which includes the prestigious Cheltenham Festival, but also its unwavering commitment to excellent customer service. The bookmaker’s dedicated mobile app, available for both iOS and Android devices, offers a seamless and user-friendly betting experience on the go.
Furthermore, Boylesports adds extra excitement for bettors with a wealth of boosted bets available throughout their sportsbook, providing added value and opportunities to maximise returns.
Cheltenham Betting Offers
When it comes to betting on the Cheltenham Festival, there are several standard offers that bettors should expect from a bookmaker. These offers can provide added value and enhance the overall betting experience. Below, we outline some common horse racing betting offers, how they work, and whether we recommend them.
- Welcome Offer – Most bookmakers offer a welcome bonus to new customers. This could be in the form of free bets, a matched deposit, or even a no deposit bonus. For example, a bookmaker might offer a £50 free bet when you deposit and bet £50. We highly recommend taking advantage of welcome offers as they provide an opportunity to start your betting experience with some extra funds.
- Free Bets – Free bets are a common offer where the bookmaker provides you with a free bet token to place a bet. For example, bet £10 and get a £10 free bet. This is a great offer as it essentially allows you to place a bet for free, and we highly recommend taking advantage of free bet offers.
- Racing Specials – Racing specials are unique offers that are specific to horse racing events. These could include enhanced odds on a particular horse, extra places on each-way bets, or money back if your horse finishes second. We recommend keeping an eye out for racing specials as they can provide great value.
- Money-Back Offers – Money-back offers involve receiving your stake back as a free bet if your bet loses under certain conditions. For example, money back as a free bet if your horse finishes second or third. This reduces the risk of your bet and is a highly recommended offer.
- Price Boost Offers – Price boost offers involve enhanced odds on a particular outcome. For example, a bookmaker might offer enhanced odds on a particular horse to win a race. This can provide excellent value, and we recommend taking advantage of price boost offers when possible.
- Matched Deposit Offers – Matched deposit offers involve the bookmaker matching your deposit with bonus funds. For example, a 100% matched deposit up to £100. This means if you deposit £100, you will receive £100 in bonus funds. This is a great way to boost your bankroll, and we highly recommend it.
- Boosted Odds – Boosted odds are similar to price boost offers but may apply to multiple races or events. For example, a bookmaker might offer boosted odds on all races at the Cheltenham Festival. This can provide excellent value, and we recommend taking advantage of boosted odds offers when possible.
- Enhanced Places for Big Races – Some bookmakers offer enhanced places on big races, meaning you can receive a payout for your horse finishing in more places than usual. For example, a bookmaker might offer payouts for the top 5 places instead of the usual top 3. This increases your chances of receiving a payout and is a highly recommended offer.
- Extra Places at The Major Horse Racing Festivals – Similar to the enhanced places offer, extra places involve receiving a payout for more places than usual, but this offer applies to major horse racing festivals such as the Cheltenham Festival. We highly recommend taking advantage of extra places offers during major horse racing festivals.
It’s important to note that all offers come with terms and conditions, such as minimum odds, wagering requirements, and time limits. Be sure to read and understand the terms and conditions before taking advantage of any offer.
Most Popular Markets
When betting on the Cheltenham Festival, there are several popular markets that bettors tend to gravitate towards. Here are some of the most popular markets and why we recommend them:
- Winner Market – The winner market is the most straightforward and popular market. In this market, you simply bet on the horse you think will win the race. It is recommended because of its simplicity and because it often offers the best odds.
- Each-Way Betting – Each-way betting involves placing two bets: one on the horse to win and one on the horse to place (usually the top 3 or 4 places, but can vary). This market is popular because it increases your chances of receiving a payout, even if your horse doesn’t win.
- Place Betting – Place betting involves betting on a horse to finish in one of the specified places. This market is popular because it increases your chances of receiving a payout, as you don’t need your horse to win the race.
- Forecast Betting – Forecast betting involves selecting two horses to finish first and second in the correct order. This market offers higher odds than the winner market and is popular among experienced bettors looking for higher returns.
- Tricast Betting – Tricast betting involves selecting three horses to finish first, second, and third in the correct order. This market offers even higher odds than the forecast market and is popular among experienced bettors looking for big returns.
Horse Racing Betting Odds
Understanding odds in horse racing is crucial for making informed betting decisions. Odds indicate the probability of an outcome and determine the potential payout of a bet.
In the UK, fractional odds are commonly used for horse racing. Fractional odds are represented as a fraction, for example, 5/1 (pronounced “five to one”). This means that for every £1 you bet, you will win £5 if your bet is successful. Your total return would be £6, as your initial stake is also returned.
Decimal odds are another common format and are often used by online bookmakers. Decimal odds are represented as a decimal number, for example, 6.00. To calculate your potential payout, multiply your stake by the decimal odds. For example, a £10 bet at 6.00 would return £60 (£10 x 6.00).
It’s important to understand the odds format used by your chosen bookmaker and to be able to convert between fractional and decimal odds if necessary. This will help you to compare odds across different bookmakers and make informed betting decisions.
Cheltenham Betting Tips
Before placing your bets for the Cheltenham Festival, there are several factors you should consider to increase your chances of success. Here are some key considerations:
- The Current Form of the Horse – The recent performance of a horse is a strong indicator of its current form. Look at the horse’s recent races and consider its finishing positions, the strength of the opposition, and any other relevant factors.
- Trainer Form – The form of a horse’s trainer can also be a useful indicator. A trainer in good form is likely to have their horses well prepared for the races.
- Ground Conditions – The ground conditions can have a significant impact on a horse’s performance. Some horses perform better on soft ground, while others prefer firmer ground. Make sure to consider the ground conditions and how they are likely to affect your chosen horse.
- The Horse’s Potential – Consider the potential of the horse. Younger horses may have less experience but could be improving and have the potential to outperform their odds.
- A Record at the Track – A horse’s previous performance at the track can also be a useful indicator. Some horses perform better on certain tracks or at certain distances.
- Strength of the Opposition – Consider the strength of the opposition. A horse may have performed well in recent races, but if the opposition was weak, it may not be as well-prepared for a more competitive race.
- Breeding – The breeding of a horse can provide clues about its potential performance. Some horses are bred for stamina and are likely to perform better in longer races, while others are bred for speed and may perform better in shorter races.
- Draw Basis – In some races, the draw can have a significant impact on a horse’s chances. Some tracks may favor horses drawn in certain positions.
With all of the above considerations in mind, you can start to build your betting strategy for the Cheltenham Festival.
To enhance your Cheltenham Festival betting success, it’s essential to begin with thorough research. Delve into all the relevant factors, including assessing the form of the horses, evaluating the trainers, and understanding the ground conditions, among other pertinent considerations.
Rather than solely relying on favorites, it’s wise to seek out horses that offer good value and demonstrate a strong potential for performing well. Diversify your betting strategy by considering multiple bets across various races and markets. This approach spreads your risk and can yield more rewarding outcomes.
Remember, there are no guarantees in betting, and even the most well-researched bets can lose. Make sure to gamble responsibly and only bet what you can afford to lose.
Payment Methods for Cheltenham Festival Betting Sites
When it comes to betting on the Cheltenham Festival, it’s essential to choose a betting site that offers a variety of payment methods to ensure a seamless experience. Here are some of the most popular deposit methods for Cheltenham Festival betting sites:
- Debit/Credit Cards: This is the most common and widely accepted method of payment. Most betting sites accept major cards like Visa and MasterCard. It’s a secure and straightforward way to deposit funds into your betting account.
- E-Wallets: E-wallets like PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill are also popular payment methods for online betting. They provide a secure and convenient way to deposit and withdraw funds without having to share your bank details with the betting site.
- Bank Transfer: Some bettors prefer to transfer funds directly from their bank account to their betting account. While this method is secure, it can take a little longer for the funds to appear in your account.
- Prepaid Cards: Prepaid cards like Paysafecard allow you to deposit funds into your betting account without sharing your bank details. You can purchase these cards in shops or online and then enter the card details on the betting site.
- Mobile Payment: Some betting sites also allow you to deposit funds via mobile payment methods like Apple Pay or Google Pay. This is a convenient option if you prefer to bet using your mobile device.
Remember to check the terms and conditions of each payment method, as there may be fees or limits associated with certain options. Also, note that some betting sites may offer special bonuses or promotions for using specific payment methods.
Cheltenham Races Betting FAQs
The Cheltenham Festival typically takes place in March over four days. Mark your calendars, as the upcoming festival is scheduled to run from the 12th to the 15th of March in 2024
Yes, most online bookmakers offer a wide range of betting markets for the Cheltenham Festival. You can bet on individual races, the overall winner, and many other markets.
Some of the most popular bets at the Cheltenham Festival include win bets (betting on a horse to win the race), each-way bets (betting on a horse to finish in the top few places), and accumulator bets (combining multiple bets into one for higher odds).
Yes, many bookmakers offer special promotions for the Cheltenham Festival. These can include free bets, money-back offers, enhanced odds, and extra places. Make sure to check the promotions page of your chosen bookmaker for the latest offers.
Many online bookmakers offer live streaming of the Cheltenham Festival races. You may need to have a funded account or have placed a bet on the race to access the live stream.
The ground conditions at the Cheltenham Festival can vary from year to year and even from day to day. The official ground description is usually updated here.
Yes, many online bookmakers offer in-play betting for the Cheltenham Festival races. This allows you to place bets after the race has started and as it progresses.
The odds for the Cheltenham Festival can vary horbetween bookmakers. It's a good idea to compare odds from multiple bookmakers to ensure you are getting the best value for your bets.
When choosing a bookmaker for the Cheltenham Festival, consider factors such as the range of markets offered, the odds, any special promotions, the user interface, and the payment methods available. It's also essential to choose a reputable and licensed bookmaker.
About the author:
With my journalism and editing background, I am able to research and provide readers with accurate and up-to-date information about online sports betting in the UK.