Tennis is a fantastic sport for betting, and there are plenty of excellent tennis betting sites for punters to pick from. But what things should punters look for at an online bookmaker site to get the best user experience?
The best sites for tennis betting offer great odds, promotions, variety, and customer service. It will be where you can place tennis bets on everything from Grand Slams to ATP and WTA events, as well as more nuanced options like which player will win the next point in play.
Whether you prefer singles or doubles, hard court or clay, you can find the best tennis bets at the sites listed below. Having looked at essential areas like odds, market variety, features and promotions, we have compiled a comprehensive list of the best betting sites for tennis.
Get £10 in Free Bets
New customers only. This offer is valid for 7 days from your new account being registered. Min Deposit: £10. First deposit matched up to £10. 1 x wagering at odds of 1.75+ to unlock Free Bet. Debit Card deposits only (exclusions apply). Free bet will expire 7 days after the 1st deposit. 18+. BeGambleAware.org. Bet The Responsible Way. Full Terms apply.
Top Tennis Betting Sites: A Closer Look
You can find our list of the leading tennis betting sites above, but now we look at each operator in more detail.
|BetUK||Tennis Betting Markets|
|Bet365||Live Tennis Streams|
|888sport||In-Play Tennis Odds|
|William Hill||Pre-match Price Boosts|
|Betfair||Tennis Betting Odds|
|Ladbrokes||Tennis Cash Out Options|
|Unibet||Tennis Rapid Bets|
|Betfred||In-play Tennis Betting|
|Betway||Tennis Bet Builders|
|Coral||Mobile Tennis Betting|
Next, in our look at the best tennis betting sites, we list further details about each of the bookies on our list. Some familiar names are on the list, like bet365, Ladbrokes and William Hill, and the entire table shows the variety on offer for tennis betting fans.
There are variations in user experience between the different tennis betting sites listed in areas such as customer service hours, bookmaker margins, and in-play tennis betting markets.
Taking a broader view of the best UK tennis betting sites is essential. It’s also advisable, where possible, to sign up with more than one bookie, as that can extend to a better range of tennis odds and betting promotions.
BetUK offers a variety of tennis betting markets, including match winner, set betting, total games, and more. You can also find live betting and streaming options for some tennis events. In addition, a good Bet UK user-friendly mobile app lets you place your bet anytime, anywhere. Overall in-play betting options would be improved, and the welcome bonus could be better, but it’s an excellent secure betting environment.
Bet365 offers a wide range of tennis markets and events, as well as live streaming and in-play betting options. They are one of the biggest online betting sites and deliver great features like their tennis acca bonus and bet builder. Throw in a fantastic app, and bet365 is undoubtedly one of the best tennis betting sites out there.
Another highly-reputable online betting site, 888sport, hit many of the right notes for betting on tennis. Markets are extensive, and they have an Acca Club and a great 4/1 winner promotion that’s popular. 888sport is fantastic for tennis in-play markets, and they also have one of the best apps of all the tennis betting sites on this list.
A familiar name even to many newer punters, William Hill is one of the leading UK-facing bookmakers with a long history and a High Street presence. William Hill tennis betting does lack a little on the promotional side of things, but they are consistently good for tennis odds, which is a huge plus. Live streaming is a strength, too, alongside William Hill live tennis markets.
Whether you want to extract extra value through the Betfair Exchange or snap up the regular sportsbook odds, Betfair is great for tennis betting. They throw many betting features out there in terms of stats, streaming, cash out and bet builders for punters to dip into. The Exchange does take some time to learn, but it can lead to great hedged tennis betting opportunities.
Another of the UK’s most recognisable bookmakers is Ladbrokes. They have a simple site with nothing too fancy or flashy going on. It’s an excellent basic platform for betting on tennis, and they are a trusted brand. Tennis markets are priced up early with them, leading to some good bet options ahead of tournaments. Comparing their app to others on this list, there is room for improvement as it isn’t quite as intuitive as others. But Ladbrokes are competitive for odds and have a lot of live in-play tennis coverage.
For those leaning towards in-play tennis betting on mobile apps, then Unibet is worth checking out. The Unibet website is easy on the eye, and their app is superb. However, Unibet doesn’t quite serve up as much value through promotions as other bookies do. But for live betting, there are good alternative markets like Rapid Bets and some live streams to accompany markets, plus the Unibet tennis odds are excellent.
Popular bookmaker Betfred doesn’t have the website design and functionality that most sites on the list do. The experience should be transferred to the Betfred app, which is much better for navigation and functionality. Tennis promotions fall short at the site, but there are plenty of other features to get excited about, like their in-play betting, which has some of the widest variety for tennis around. Their tennis odds are also strong, and like all sites here, Betfred is fully licensed and regulated by the UK Gambling Commission.
Betway was launched in 2006 and is one of the biggest bookies, offering customers an excellent welcome bonus to get started. You can bet on match winners, sets, games, points, handicaps, and more. Plus, they have live streaming and in-play betting options to spice up your experience. Betway is particularly good for bet builders, and they also have a free bet club that can be utilised.
An online tennis betting site that most will have heard of, Coral is one of the longest-standing UK bookmakers and is always reliable for their tennis betting odds. Odds comparisons between them and others on this list will rarely see Coral come up short in value. Their site design isn’t much to get excited about, but it’s functional and user-friendly. The Coral app is also excellent. There are good features like cash out and live streaming that is easy to use, plus some generous promotions.
The independent bookmaker is one of the best around for online tennis betting odds. It’s a real strength that they bring to the table for major events like Wimbledon and the US Open and regular WTA and ATP Tour matches. To bet on tennis, the in-play variety isn’t quite as strong as others, but for pre-match betting on tennis, due to the sheer variety of markets and bet types, BoyleSports comes in strong on the list.
Understanding Tennis 🎾
Tennis betting online remains a popular sport for punters in the UK, and one of the big highlights of the British sporting summer is Wimbledon. The Grand Slam is the peak of the tennis action in the entire European continent, but other feature events like Eastbourne and Nottingham also help keep the interest strong.
Having home-grown talents like Andy Murray, Cameron Norrie and Emma Raducanu grab the spotlight certainly helps the sport’s profile. Tennis has been around in various modes for a long time, but the modern Open Era began in 1968, which did wonders for the sport as it allowed both amateurs and professionals to enter the Grand Slams.
Tennis is a fantastic sport for betting, especially in-play because of the natural breaks in a match. There are always pauses between the end of games and sets and even long enough pauses between points that can lead to attractive live betting opportunities.
As with all sports, the stats need to be analysed, and there are plenty of them around, sometimes included in markets at the best tennis betting sites. In addition, we’ll look at an excellent range of tennis markets and bets below.
Biggest Tournaments 🏆
Tennis runs for most of the calendar year, from early January to late August. You will annually see the ATP and WTA Tours gravitate to specific regions of the globe at certain times of the year. For example, during the winter in the Northern Hemisphere, you’ll see tournaments from Australia, New Zealand and the Middle East come into focus.
Then in the middle of the calendar year, it’s primarily on to the UK and mainland Europe, with some big tournaments like Rome and Madrid, before the season swings to North America for the late summer and autumn months. It’s common to see two, three or sometimes more tennis tournaments played in the same week across the different tiers.
The pinnacle of the sport is the four Grand Slam events: the Australian Open, French Open, Wimbledon and the US Open. Within the WTA and ATP, there are different tiers. There are a handful of top-level ATP Masters 1000 and WTA 1000 events, plus 500 and 250-level tournaments.
The bigger the tournaments, the more prize money and ranking points are up for grabs. The WTA and ATP have feeder Tours, the ITF and Challenger, respectively. The points players earn throughout the season also count towards qualification for the prestigious end-of-season ATP Finals and WTA Finals.
Tennis Betting Offers & Promotions 🎁
So with such a vast range of tennis tournaments available for betting, players can pick up a great range of betting offers and promotions. However, they may not be advertised as much as football betting offers, so you may have to explore promotion pages at tennis betting sites to try and find them.
It’s common to find bigger and better promos when the Grand Slams come along, simply due to the incredible popularity of those tournaments. Here are some of the types of tennis betting offers and promotions to keep an eye out for.
- Cashback On Losses – This can be a useful promotion where online tennis betting sites refund a percentage of your losses on tennis bets within a set period. It could, for example, be 10% back over a week.
- Free Bets – There are lots of ways to get free tennis bets. Explore welcome bonus offers at betting sites for them, plus seek features like Money Back Specials, where a bookie returns a lost stake as a free bet if certain conditions are met, like your selected player losing a match after winning the first set.
- Early Payouts – Some of the best tennis betting sites offer early payouts under certain conditions. An example is a bookie settling a bet early if your backed selection opens up a two-set lead at any point (in a five-set match).
- Enhanced Odds – One of the best offers at tennis betting sites. Look for simple price boosts on selected outcomes.
- Accumulator Boost or Insure – Accumulator bets are popular in tennis betting because there can be many matches on any given day. Look for betting sites that offer insurance against your tennis acca losing by one leg only, and for ones that pay out a win bonus on a successful acca.
Tennis Betting Features
What are the kinds of extras that punters should be seeking at tennis betting sites? There are plenty of them around which can enhance the user experience.
Here are some to look for:
- Live Streaming – Plenty of leading online tennis betting sites also provide live streaming services of matches from top-tier events around the world. You can also see the stats, scores and odds updates as the game progresses.
- Cash Out – Cash Out is a crucial tool for live in-play tennis betting. A full or partial Cash Out tool allows you to settle active bets early to reduce losses or lock in profit.
- Bet Builder – Create same-game multis on tennis betting with bet builders. The feature allows you to pick from options like Correct Score, Next Set Winner, Match Outcome and Total Points from the same match.
Tennis Betting Apps
Not all tennis betting sites have native apps. But we do recommend picking one up where possible. It is such a convenient way of betting, especially when planning some in-play tennis betting.
The convenience means that you grab your mobile phone or tablet, which is probably already close by, and you are into your markets with a quick tap. You can sit in front of a TV or load up a live stream within the betting app and make some in-play calls easily.
Tennis betting apps will still give you a wide range of options and markets to bet on. Promotions will also appear on the app, some even exclusive to mobile users. In addition, look for cashback bonuses and free bets within a betting app.
Tennis betting apps are secure, and you can access live scores, stats, odds, and tips to help you make smart decisions. Betting apps from reputable, regulated tennis betting sites use encryption and other security measures to protect your data and transactions.
Tennis Betting Markets & Types of Bets
You can choose from many different markets and types of tennis bets, depending on your preferences and risk appetite.
Here are some of the most common ones:
- Match Outrights – This is the simplest and most popular type of bet, where you pick the winner of a match.
- Set Betting – Getting into more specifics of an outcome is predicting the exact score of a match in terms of sets. It could be Emma Raducanu winning 2-0, for example. It’s an excellent alternative to the match outright when there’s a strong odds-on favourite.
- Handicap Betting – Both games and set handicaps can be explored at the top tennis betting sites. This is where the bookmaker assigns a player a positive or negative number of games or points. For example, a -3.5 Games Handicap means a player has to win at least four games more in the match than their opponent.
- Over/Under – Totals markets are a popular way to bet on tennis. For example, punters can go Over/Under 22.5 Games in total in a match. In-play Totals can be on points and pre-match sets.
- Tennis Props -Simple bets that lean towards the more creative side of things but don’t necessarily focus on the outcome but on aspects of individual performances. Like the player to record the most Aces or First Set Winner.
Tennis Betting Strategies & Tips
To get the most out of tennis betting, you will want to have some strategies and tips to guide you.
Here are some of the most important ones for getting to grips with how to bet on tennis:
- Know the players and their styles – Recognising the different strengths and weaknesses of players is essential. Players perform differently on various surfaces, which will naturally affect your betting choices. Research the players you want to bet on, see how they match up against their opponents, and look at previous tournament history.
- Bet on value, not on favourites – Sport is unpredictable, which is a massive part of its appeal. Just because a Top Seeded player faces an unranked Lucky Loser in the first round of a draw doesn’t necessarily mean the stronger player will always win. Sometimes, the odds are too low to justify betting on them. Instead, look for bets that offer a good return on your risk based on your analysis of the players and the situation.
- Manage your bankroll wisely – You should never bet more than you can afford to lose. So before getting into your betting, have a clear plan for how much you will stake for each bet on tennis. That way, you will fully know how much you are risking for the day or week, and it will help you avoid chasing losses and going broke.
- Have fun and enjoy the game – Betting on tennis can be exciting and rewarding, but it can also be stressful and frustrating. Remember that there are no guarantees of bet results, and you will win some and lose some. Keep your emotions out of it all, and don’t let them affect your mood or enjoyment of the game. Plan, bet responsibly and have fun.
What are the most popular types of tennis bets?
The main types of tennis bets are match bets, set bets, game bets, point bets, handicap bets, over/under bets, and futures bets.
How do I find the best odds at tennis betting sites?
Take your time and research before placing a bet on tennis. Do an odds comparison between tennis betting sites to find the best value for your picks.
What are some tips for successful tennis betting?
Always research stats, tennis news and betting tips before making bets. Look at form, head-to-head records, and playing styles.
How do I make a tennis bet?
Go to any of the best tennis betting sites listed on this page. Open an account, deposit, and browse the sportsbook for tennis picks. Click on the odds for a preferred bet and place a stake.
Is it safe to bet on online tennis?
Yes, as long as you are sticking to tennis betting sites regulated and licensed by the Gambling Commission and not sharing your account information.
Some excellent tennis betting sites deliver great odds, markets and features. Take some time to explore them and pick your favourites that mesh with what you are specifically looking for.
The best tennis betting sites above highlight what to look for in a good operator. Things like live in-play betting, live streams, and some exciting promotions for betting on tennis are good areas to target.
But don’t forget about other factors like how good customer service is, available banking options and whether or not a tennis betting app is available.
About the author:
- Scott McGlynn
Scott is an experienced betting content writer supplying content to major bookmakers and several sports betting and casino betting websites. His passions are horse racing and Scottish football, and he’s a regular attendee at racetracks at home and abroad.